The SHA Discovery program is for those who wish to learn about healthier habits and revitalize their body and soul by reducing their stress levels.
Welcome to SHA’s world, not just a luxury spa. A world of essences, textures and feelings to take you to the pure essence of balance. A perfect mixture between mind and soul together in the luxury SHA medical Spa. Set up on a hill out of range of the Benidorm tower blocks overlooking the beach the mountains and the valley, this Spa clinic bills itself as a temple to healthy living and relaxation. In the small village of L'Alfaz del Pi (approximately 60 km from Alicante and 100 km from Valencia), the resort is located on a five minute driving distance (a 20 minutes walk, downhill) from the pebble beach and the sea.
Any holiday combination can be accommodated at this hotel; be it a short break or extensive stay, with or without a specific programme, or simply a more luxurious room. Our specialist team has the knowledge and first hand experience to be able to properly advise on your hotel choice. Call us with any queries on 020 573 03 50. We'd be delighted to put together an offer around your requirements.
- VIP Welcome ritual including 1 massage (30 minutes)
- Complimentary early check in and late check out
- Macrobiotische keuken
- Modern design
- Uitgebreide holistische week activiteiten
- Uitgebreide Aesthetic center
- Zwembad op het dak
- Grote suites
- Early bird offer: book 45 days in advance for a stay in 2016 and get 10% discount on the room rates!
- Free nights offer July-September: Book 8 nights and pay for 7, book 15 nights and pay for 13 or book 22 nights and pay only 19!
- Repeaters offer Free nights: stay 7 and pay for 5, or stay 14 and pay for 12. Valid for all stays in 2014, but not combinable with other special offers. (min. stay 7 nights in combination with a min. 7 night spa program ex. detox)
- VIP Welcome ritual incl. 1 massage (30 min.)- Exclusive for Puurenkuur guests
- Complimentary early check in and late check out - Exclusive for Puurenkuur guests
- 4 nights in a Deluxe Suite based on full board (SHA diet as prescribed)
- General medical examination
- Consultation with an expert on nutrition and natural therapy
- SHA diet according to the prescription
- Natural therapeutic drinks, according to the prescription
- Introductory evaluation and advice class with a personal trainer
- 1x therapeutic treatment sessions adapted to individual needs (deep tissue massage, relaxing massage, decontracting massage, anit-cellulite massage, or lymphatic drainage massage)
- 1x aquatic therapy session, according to the prescription (hydro energetic healing, aqua relax, body scrub, underwater massage or body wrap)
- 1x Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment session, according to the prescription (acupuncture or moxibustion)
- 1x personalised facial treatment session
- 1x high-tech treatment (physia,indiba, cupping, ballancer or LPG)
- SHA Academy Activities: talks, yoga, tai chi, walks healthy cookery classes
- Access to the hydrotherapy circuit, according to the prescription (sauna, Roman baths, Turkish baths, hydrotherapy pools, foot baths, bithermal showers, cold plunge pool, ice fountain, therapeutic water jets)
- Return flights
- Return airport transfers (we can arrange return transfers airport Alicante € 210 per car max. 2 persons)
- Drinks during your stay
- Personal expenses
- Travel and cancellation costs
Surcharge(s) and extra nights
Extra night in a shared Deluxe suite:
€ 170 per person per night (01/01/16 - 31/12/16)
De extra night is excluding breakfast.
Extra night in a Deluxe suite for single use:
€ 270 per person per night (01/01/16 - 31/12/16)
De extra night is excluding breakfast.
Surcharges room upgrades and transfers
This package is excluding return airport transfers from Alicante airport. You can book the transfers:
€ 210 return per car (max. 2 persons)
Surcharge deluxe room with sea view:
€ 50 per room per night (01/12/15 – 31/12/16)
Surcharge deluxe room with jacuzzi on the terrace:
€ 50 per room per night (01/12/15 – 31/12/16)
Surcharge superior suite:
€ 225 per room per night in a shared suite (01/01/15 - 31/12/15)
€ 190 per room per night in a single suite (01/01/15 - 31/12/15)
€ 260 per room per night in a shared suite (01/01/16 - 31/12/16)
€ 225 per room per night in a single suite (01/01/16 - 31/12/16)
Breakfast € 25 per person per day (01/01/15 – 31/12/16)
Half board € 75 per person per day (01/01/15 – 31/12/16)
Full board € 135 per person per day (01/01/15 – 31/12/16)
Reservation costs: €10.00
Calamity fund: €2.50
Flying from Amsterdam to Alicante:
- Transavia (daily) non-stop. From approx. € 150 return
Flying from Rotterdam to Alicante:
- Transavia (daily) non-stop. From approx. € 150 return
Flying from Eindhoven to Alicante:
- Transavia (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday) non-stop. From approx. € 150 return.
Flying from Brussels to Alicante:
- Brussels Airlines (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday) non-stop. From approx. € 160 return.
- Jetair (daily) non-stop. From approx. € 130 return.
Flying from Dusseldorf to Alicante:
- Air Berlin (Wednesday-Sunday) non-stop. From approx. € 138 return.
In case you book your own flights, please read the following:
- Please do NOT book your flights before we confirm your holiday. We will send you confirmation within 24 hours.
- Please read the terms and conditions of the airline you are flying with. Check your emails and the airline website prior to departure in case there is a flight change.
- If you book your own flights, we recommend you take out cancellation insurance for your flights. Our insurance does not cover the cost of flights that you have booked directly with the airline.
- Let us know your flight times, so we can organise your return airport transfer to/from the hotel.
Hotel information - SHA Wellness Clinic ★★★★★
Location and key features
Welcome to SHA’s world, not just a luxury spa. A world of essences, textures and feelings to take you to the pure essence of balance. A perfect mixture between mind and soul together in the luxury SHA medical Spa. Set up on a hill out of range of the Benidorm tower blocks overlooking the beach the mountains and the valley, this Spa clinic bills itself as a temple to healthy living and relaxation.
In the small village of L'Alfaz del Pi (approximately 60 km from Alicante and 100 km from Valencia), the resort is located on a five minute driving distance (a 20 minutes walk, downhill) from the pebble beach and the sea.
Relaxation, healthy diet and exercise are the three cornerstones that translates SHA’s philosophy: contributing to a vital and healthy life. The spa and wellness center offers the best of both worlds: the holistic side of the East (acupuncture, tai chi, qigong, Ayurveda etc) and the medical side we know in the West (doctors, nurses and health checkups). SHA Wellness Clinic was founded by Alfredo Bataller, who since his youth suffered from a chronic disease, which was not improved by traditional medical treatments. He got in contact with a macrobiotic doctor that introduced him into a healthy lifestyle and a macrobiotic diet prescribed. And with success, he got healed! After this personal experience which he described the force experienced by the self-healing power of the body, he began to dream about a place where he could bring together these three elements: the macrobiotic cuisine, often thousand year old Eastern techniques and the latest Western methods on health and wellbeing. From its opening in 2008, SHA Wellness Clinic is now on the global map and known as one of the best spas in the world. At SHA they have thought of everything right down to the smallest detail. Even before the first stone was laid, the idea was to locate the resort somewhere unique, where peace is in the air, somewhere with an excellent climate and breathtaking views to impress all our guests. A paradise at the service of your health and well being. In 2010 SHA won the first prize of Condé Nast SPA Awards in the category 'Best Medical, Thermal & Natural Spa "and more awards followed later.
SHA Wellness Clinic is beautifully situated on a mountainside overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. On the roof of the hotel is a sunddeck with swimming pool, where you can witness the stunning views and sunsets from your lounge bed. This is wellness new style: the beautiful design in white and gray, the lounge beds on the roof and a spa of 2000 m2. They offer specific programs such as quitting smoking, detox, lose weight, burn-out, yoga, fitness etc. A unique combination of healthy diet (macrobiotic cuisine is hip again!), coaching and treatments.
The hotel consists of five buildings, which are connected to each other by bridges. On the roof is the swimming pool (150 m2, not heated) with sun beds. The hotel also has a spa and wellness area of 2000m2, yoga and meditation rooms, a library, fitness center (approx 120m2), tennis courts, golf putting green and a chapel. The SHA restaurant, SHAMADI, is located on the fourth floor of the resort with breathtaking views of the sea and the Sierra Helada Mountains –in the summer meals are served on a magnificent terrace–, the menus include the most select modern range of macrobiotic dishes which are always made with natural organic ingredients and Mediterranean and Japanese fusion cuisine. It’s a healthy style of cooking, a therapeutic diet that won the Resort the Millésime Club prize for the Best Gastronomy Trends 2009 and also a sun in the Repsol Travellers guide. Pablo Montoro creates this for the demanding connoisseurs. Initially we were quite sceptical about macrobiotic eating, which prioritises grain foods and vegetables and avoids animal products, we were delighted with the chef’s tasty and imaginative creations.
The Wellness center and the Medical Spa
The Spa has an indoor pool (approx 80m2) with massage jets, 40 treatment rooms, Jacuzzi, hot and cold foot bath, saunas and various relaxation areas. What we love about SHA: there is a complimentary daily activity program including yoga, tai chi, cooking classes and walks, the macrobiotic food adventure (you might have to get use to it in the beginning, but believe us, you will love it!) and the countless aesthetic possibilities in the spa.
The hotel offers 93 suites in total, divided into various types of rooms: the Deluxe Suites, Superior Suites, Grand Suites, the Royal Suite and Presidential Suite. Below is a brief explanation of each type of room. You could also opt for a jacuzzi on your balcony or for a suite with seaview (with surcharge).
Deluxe Suites (approx 70m2)
The Deluxe Suite is equipped with the most advanced technology and the best services. A space of 70m2 carefully designed to ensure all guests have a relaxing and pleasant stay. The Deluxe Suite provides an array of services adapted to the needs of each of the guests: large terrace, spacious dressing room, automatic curtains that you can control from your bed, the soothing music on demand in both the bedroom and the bathroom and great mattresses (never slept so good!). The suites have 1 large room with the seating area and the sleeping area separated by furniture. There is a spacious balcony and a separate dressing area. Each suite is equipped with a plasma TV, radio, safe, telephone, air conditioning and minibar. Please note that each suite has 1 double bed in the room. Should you wish to share a room, then SHA will prepare two separate beds but without a space in the middle. If you prefer to sleep on beds that are not in the same area, we advice you to book a suite with two separate bedrooms. Complimentary in your room, every day, are two bottles of mineral water and fresh apples. The bathroom has a walk in (rain) shower. There is free wireless internet in the hotel: both in the rooms and in all public areas.
Superior suites (approx 100m2)
Ease and comfort are elements characteristic of the Superior Suite. With sea or mountain views and the best services, your stay in the Superior Suite will be an experience to remember in this exclusive room. The Superior Suite is one of the most exclusive rooms at SHA, providing features that guarantee the best stay in a carefully designed environment with luxurious details. The room is 100m2 with a large terrace and views overlooking the sea or mountains. The superior suites have a separate bedroom, 2 bathrooms (one with shower and one with a bath tub!) and a living room area. Furthermore, this room has a sound system for Ipod and Iphone, a DVD player with a selection of films and a mattress / duvet and pillow a la carte menu. You pay a surcharge for seaview and / or jacuzzi on the balcony/terrace.
Grand suites (approx 120m2)
The 120m2 Grand Suite, with the option of one or two independent bedrooms, offers guests luxury services and details, in addition to being able to admire the best views of the Mediterranean Sea or the mountains. The Grand Suite comprises large spaces, a corner terrace, beautiful views overlooking the sea or the mountains, elegantly decorated and equipped with the best technology. The Grand Suite is the same as the Superior suite but with a separate living room, 1 or 2 separate bedrooms, a kitchenette and 2 bathrooms.You pay a surcharge for seaview and / or jacuzzi on the balcony/terrace.
Royal Suite and Presidential suites (larger than 200 m2)
Same as the Grand suites, but larger in size and includes butler / chauffeur service, transfers and VIP Helicopter service.
2016: Conde Nast SPA Award 'Most Directional Clinic 2016'
2015: Conde Nast SPA Award 'Best Destination Spa 2016'
2015: Spa Finder 'Best Spa of Spain en Europe'
2012: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
2012: Entrepreneur of the Year
2012: Most Excellent European Destination Spa
2012: Spa Finder Best Spa of Spain
2010: Spa Finder Best SPA of Spain
2010: Conde Nast SPA Award Best Medical, Thermal & Natural Spa
2009: Spa Finder Best SPA of Spain
2009: Millesime Madrid Best Gastronomic Tendency
2009: Fundacion Navarro - Valencia Green Award
SHA Wellness Clinic Press coverage:
- JFK Magazine / Update travel
- De Standaard magazine / Nieuw adres voor wellnessreizen
- VOC zaken en lifestyleagazine / Een wonderbaarlijke wellness wereld onder de Spaanse zon
- Kosmetiek / Detoxen in stijl
- Puur op reis / Koninklijk kuren SHA
- De volkskrant / Mindfulnessreizen
- Elegance / De mooiste spa's ter wereld
- LXRY Magazine / Kuren in Luxe
- Gooisch / Zeven dagen super luxe anti-aging
- Brielle leeft / Te kust en te kuur
- De Standaard Magazine / Reizen voor Lichaam en Ziel
- Heeren & Hilleweare / Even naar de hemel en terug
- Excellent Leven & Wonen / Oost, West...SHA best
- Esta / Anti-Burnout reizen
- Jackie / Detox-mania
Important to know before you go
Bathrobes, towels and slippers are in the room
Swimwear is compulsory in the wet areas in the Spa.
Check in: 14:00 check out: 12:00. If you arrive earlier and the room is ready, you can have an early check-in. Is your flight leaving later than the check out time, you can stay in the room till 6 pm. This is subject to availability
The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed outside the designated areas.
Parking: Hotel parking at € 15 per day
There is free WIFI Internet in the room and all public areas
Opening hours of the Spa
Daily from 09.00 - 21.00 pm
de SHA is absolute top. Alles is perfect!!!!!!
Theresa, de voedingsconculente is TOP ! Zij is echt zeeeer goed ! De masseurs zijn zeer goed. De doktersbezoekjes zijn echt waardeloos, net als vorig jaar,zij praten maar wat in het rond .... jammer In het algemeen vind ik het jammer dat hun kennis van het engels zo gebrekkig is, van zodra je een vraag stelt in de Spa is bijna niemand de engelse taal machtig.
Wij hebben zo enorm genoten van ons verblijf in Sha. We gaan zeker weer. Dank voor het zo snel regelen van alles. Wij hebben echt geen enkele op- of aanmerking. Fantastische staff, enorme leuke gasten en een heel goed programma. Dus een 10 met een griffel!!!
de dokters zijn echt niet gemotiveerd en rammelen maar een gesprekje af zonder echt begaan te zijn, de esthetische dokter wil je echt dure behandelingen verkopen terwijl ze amper 2 min naar je huid kijkt de macro biotische consultant Theresa was wel SUPER ! de bediening in het restaurant was super !!!
Beste Marleen, Alles super verlopen, alleen het macrobiotische eten vond ik af en toe behoorlijk zwaar. Maar we hebben binnenkort even contact. met vriendelijke groet, Freek Koster
Jammer dat het water van het mooie buitenzwembad veel te koud was. De indoor pool was prima, met goede faciliteiten w.o. sauna.
Alles was uitstekend geregeld, personeel erg vriendelijk en het restaurant was geweldig.
Het was een heerlijke reis ik heb absoluut genoten de prachtige omgeving en het ontwerp hotel, de spa, het macrobiotisch eten en de uitzonderlijke massages en uiteraard de uitzonderlijk deskundige en vriendelijke personeelsleden hebben me erg goed gedaan ik voel me heerlijk en goed in mijn vel. Mijn doelen heb ik dus absoluut bereikt: detox, relax, ontspannen en een beetje afvallen m.a.w. voor mezelf een keertje zorgen. Wat wel jammer was dat de SPA circuit drie hele dagen gesloten was i.v.m. onderhoud, ik had me wel verheugd om hiervan te genieten alleen was dat niet mogelijk. De kamer is echt bijzonder mooi met een geweldig uitzicht, netjes onderhouden en schoon helaas waren ze twee keer vergeten de 2 waterflessen in de koelkast te doen (water is een must). Donderdag ochtend/middag was er een stoomuitval wat het wel lastig maakte om van de kamer gebruik te maken en de meerdere faciliteiten van SHA. Dank jullie voor de snelle en goede service!
Ik heb vele hotels gezien in mijn leven, maar deze is qua vriendelijkheid van echt al het personeel echt het allerbeste. Het hotel is ook prachtig en perfect onderhouden.Het eten vond ik niet lekker, maar ik geloof wel dat het heel veel goed heeft gedaan aan mijn welzijn. Ik ben herboren, mede dankzij dit macrobiotische eten. Het enige wat ik lastig vond was, dat met name de eerste 2 dagen, je een overladen programma had. De psycholoog in de SHA was mijn inziens de zwakste schakel. Hoe dan ook ik voel me een ander mens en heb eindelijk mijn energie weer terug. Ik zal zeker terug gaan naar dit hotel.